Monday, March 13, 2006

Stone Circle


As I was looking through the 600+ pictures I took while in Ireland I realized that there are far too many cool ones to post in this short week. Oh well, I've decided today to go with something that is more early Irish. This is the Dromberg Stone Circle located in the Southwestern part of the country. I really liked going to these types of stone work creations. Maybe it's because these ancient people thought it so important to move these large stones great distances and arrange them in circles or tombs or whatever...I would like to know more about why.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

You and me both. Every time I see something like this it makes me think of that Loreena McKennet song "Mummer's Dance." I love that song. Probably because of the imagery in my mind when I listen to it.