Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Irish Landscapes

Well our computer wasn't working well yesterday so I didn't get to post a picture. So today, I'm posting two. Both are Irish landscape pictures that I really enjoy. The top picture was taken as we were driving between points. At the base of the mountains shown here is Lough Doo. The lower picture is of the Irish countryside in what is known as "The Burrens". It is so named because of the numerous hills in the area where the top is composed of rock with large cracks in them. One of these can be seen in this picture in the distance on the left hand side. I think both pictures do a great job of showing why green is often associated with Ireland.

1 comment:

Michael Nannini said...

Yang,

I think these are some great pictures! BUT where is Mt. Shannawana???

Yin