Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weather

I think I've said this in our regular blog, but I love the weather. Many of my pictures reflect this passion of mine. While I have taken pictures of all kinds of different weather related phenomenon, the most spectacular pictures I have are of lightning. This one is one of my favorite, not only because there are two bolts in it, but also because of the proximity of the one on the right. You can see that it is in front of the treeline which means it hit in the farm field I was parked next too. I've gone out on quite a few nights to take lightning pictures and rely on the idea that you can't get hurt by lightning while sitting in your car. Still during the height of the storms (and this one in particular), my adrenaline is certainly flowing and I am often left questioning my own sanity. Oh well, pictures like this one are worth it for me.

2 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

I love to take photos of lightning...I have a few cool ones from Spanish Fork...
Native Minnow's Brother

Michael Nannini said...

Hey psychointern. I think I've met you, are you minnow's brother that lives in Santequin? Is that Spanish Fork peak in the picture that is attached to your name? Hope to see some more of them some time.