Saturday, February 11, 2006

Work in Progress


Well this is my first post for my picture blog, Yin might post pictures too, but she doesn't usually take too many pictures. I on the other hand love photography, and figured I might as well post some of my pictures here and if anybody likes them they can tell me or if anybody has any suggestions on how to make them better I'm all ears. Right now I take my pictures with Nikon coolpix 5700. I like it, it takes great quality pictures but the automatic focus is slow so it limits my ability to take action shots. I hope to get a digital SLR sometime in the future, but unfortunately for me it is in a long line of expensive toys that I would like to get.

This first picture, as the name implies, is a work in progress. I have always wanted to take one of these. Finally this last year I got around to actually remembering to take the picture on the summer solstice, autumnal equinox and winter solstice. Having a large lake less than a mile from my house now gave me a backdrop that I liked too. I would still like to blend the transitions between the pictures taken on different days better. Fortunately for me the sky conditions were pretty similar and I think I can get the colors similar with a little work, but as you may be able to tell (the picture is pretty small), the lake is frozen on the winter solstice and it makes for a pretty rough transition. I'll post again when I have it looking better.

4 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I really like this picture. The whole idea of it is just awesome. If it were me though, I wouldn't have the attention span to remember to take a photo on each of those days throughout the year.

Native Minnow said...

Of course, I'm wondering what other expensive 'toys' you have on that long list ;-)

Michael Nannini said...

I rarely have the attention span either, I've had this idea for years, but never even got one of the days. Not sure what cosmic forces came together last year to let me remember to do it. As for the toys, let's see. A big screen, flat screen HD TV, an audio system to go with it, a ski boat, a new car, pilot lessons, a high tech weather station, and of course a digital SLR. I'm sure there's more but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.

PsychDoctor said...

I'm in the market for a Digital SLR...I get one as soon as I finish my dissertation. :)