Thursday, March 02, 2006

Smoky Mountain Falls


This is a waterfall in Smoky Mountain National Park that I can't remember the name of. I really like this effect that requires leaving the shutter open on the camera for a longer than normal length of time, in this case .5 seconds. I wish I could do more of this kind of thing, but my camera doesn't have an easy filter attachment and to do these kind of effects easily I would need a neutral density filter. Luckily on the day we visited the falls it was overcast.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I like this picture, even though waterfalls scare me. I did propose at one after all.

PsychDoctor said...

Do you have an SLR camera? A digital SLR camera? or a point and shoot? I have a point and shoot so it is difficult to get shots with blur during the day too...

Michael Nannini said...

Well, I've heard it called a hybrid before. It is not an SLR, but it does have a ton of options including control of both shutter speed and apeture or both if I want them. What it doesn't have is a good adapter for connecting filters to the lens. It does have one, but it is large and difficult to work with. So for shots like this I just wait or hope for low light conditions.