Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bryophytes


This will be the last of my Ozark Mountain trip pictures (unless I go on another picture taking drought and start posting old stuff). It's a little different than the other grand scale pictures I took on the trip. This is a macro shot of a one of the particularly robust patches of moss that we saw along the trail. I recognized the stuff from my very first biology course I took my freshman year of college. I am always interested in taking pictures of things that most other people might not be interested in, but I always feel like a fool doing it especially when other people see me doing it. I tried to take this picture quickly as a group of people were coming up the trail behind us, but they saw me anyway and were probably thinking I was crazy. Oh well, if they did I suppose they weren't too far off the mark. I did a quick Google image search to make sure I was right about what this moss was, and I must say that I think my image is better than anything else I saw on the web.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice and humble as always...:P

Tee hee