Friday, March 10, 2006

Cliffs of Moher

It is officially 1 week until St. Patrick's Day, so I will be posting pictures from Ireland until then. Unfortunately, this site reduces the pictures size pretty small and a lot of my favorites are panoramics. This is a picture of the Cliffs of Moher in the western part of the country. I once thought I would make a big print of this and hang it on my wall, but when I posted this picture in a photo contest, one of the critics pointed out that there is too much curvature in the distance. Dammit, he was right and it's bugged me ever since. Still it was an incredible place to see and not even this picture of it can make it look bad.

6 comments:

Michael Nannini said...

Yin, you are 1 in a million stars ;). Those are the best comments I've gotten on this blog!!! --YANG

Native Minnow said...

I thought my comments were always the best ones you get :-(

Are you sure the curve is from the camera lens? You should have just told the guy that it was due to the curvature of the earth :-)

Michael Nannini said...

Sorry Minnow, you know I love your comments. However, I have been commenting to Yin how she never comments on my pictures and when she finally does, she calls me an idiot. Just makes me laugh. Plus, I'm jealous of you because you are making money off of your pictures, so :P!!!

Michael Nannini said...

oh, and the curvature is not due to the lens or the curvature of the earth, it is how my panoramic program stiches the individual pictures together. I haven't been able to correct it yet.

PsychDoctor said...

You can correct it in Photoshop...They have filters for that kind of think, also I think you could hit Ctrl A, then edit/transform/skew and stretch it with the mouse...If you emailed it to me, I could see what I could do...Have you ever checked out those Photography magazines from the UK? Like Digital Photography, etc. They have great tips, and they come with some free software/filters each month. Check them out at Barnes and Noble sometime.

Michael Nannini said...

I'll have to look for those, though the nearest B&N is 100 miles away. I will see what I can do with photoshop and if I can't figure it out I may contact you. I do have a subscription to Popular Photography and in a recent issue they had a program that dealt exactly with this kind of problem. I can't remember what it was called off-hand.